Shop On Lion
Cast Iron Potjie Pots
Known in Africa as the "potjie" (pronounced "poi-kei"), these cast iron pots came to the African continent during the late middle ages with the Dutch and English settlers. The potjie has co-existed with African culture for centuries, refining this historic & age-old pot style.
Find other products like this using our supercharged, super-excellent, super-customized Google engine.
Simply type 'potjie' or 'dutch oven' into the search box below...
Why own a potjie...
The potjie is the ultimate in alternative energy cooking because of its unique design. Its tall legs make it ideal for setting over the coals, and works just as well over a gas range or burner. Due to its unique shape, the potjie will absorb the maximum possible heat from the source, where other flat bottom pots will deflect unless perfectly level.
- The 3 legs and round belly shape allows even heat distribution around the pot.
- Maintains the liquids at the lowest point to prevent the food from burning
- Domed lid allows for optimal internal heat circulation
- The peripheral gutter on the lid can be used for coals.
- The opposing side handles and thick wire lifter handles make handling easy.
- The tall legs make it ideal for cooking directly over fire/coals or gas range.
- Legless and flat bottom pots are also available.
- Lifetime warranty.
Mini potjies are great for dips, condiments, sauces, potpourri, candle holders, and incense burners! A great gift idea!
Potjies come in a wide array of sizes and styles, are finely cast, and come fully pre-seasoned for your convenience.
For more information, contact
Shop On Lion directly...
T: +44 (0) 208 1330 712